Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need.
-Matthew 6:33 (NLV)
You must seek God and all His glory before anything else and in everything you do, thus your needs will be handled by the Almighty God. To seek God means to aim to feel His presence. Although God is always with us and everywhere sometimes we don’t take note of it, or neglect Him.
To seek God means to seek all He symbolizes and gives (happiness, joy, love, peace, wisdom); we acquire these things when He is sought. Usually we feel God the most as an Early Christian. Then as time progresses we start to neglect God and seek Him less. Our lives become busier and busier, then before we know it we realize that we can no longer feel God’s presence. It is important that this does not happen because we do not know when our time on Earth will come to an end. For “The Lord is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.” Lamentations 3:25 Here is how we seek God and all His magnificence:
- First we must clear everything. Clear your mind, clear your area, even clear your schedule. Any sinful thoughts can hinder your time with God. It is important that you bring those thoughts to God, asking for Him to control your mind so that you may have Holy thoughts. Clearing your area may sound a bit ludicrous. However, a clean area and reserved space for a certain task encourages success. Students who have a clean desk equipped with the necessary tools for studying tend to do better than those who don’t. Create or clear a space used for Worship. Keep your Bible, God-journal, Spiritual goal sheet, pen and paper, or other tools in that space. Lastly, tell your friends or family that you can’t come out for a few more hours so that you can spend time with your Heavenly Father. Keep a designated time for seeking God. With a clean slate, a prepared area in which you’ll seek God, and time reserved for God you will notice it’s much easier to hear His voice with the clutter of everyday life out the way.
- Be honest with yourself. You know where you went wrong in the past, where you’ve stumbled. God also knows. During prayer you must be open and honest with your sins. Don’t leave any out! Have a chat with your Father, tell Him everything and apologize wholeheartedly. 1 John 1:9 says “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” Don’t leave any out so you may be a step closer to righteousness and, ultimately, God.
- Listen. Everyday God is speaking to us. His voice is there either loud and clear or subtle and dwindling. While you are focusing on God His voice will become clearer. You simply have to listen.
- To help you hear God’s voice as you seek His face, it is best if you remove all distractions. Hence why you must clear a space; in this space there shouldn’t be a phone, homework, game, or anything that may potentially distract you. A laptop can be used but only if you’re researching about God.
- Lastly, soak up His love and wisdom! Slow down, take a moment to breathe. Say, “Hello, Abba, Yeshua, and Spirit, I want to chat a while.” Welcome Love into your home and heart. Whether you plan on doing a biblical research and study or simply speak to God, remember that you are emerging yourself into a sea of endless Love. He will answer you and you will feel the presence of God. Once you have that make it your mission to continue to seek God and you will have immense happiness.
Father, I come before you with all of my sins. Forgive me. Please, wash this blackness off my body, off my eyes so that I may see You in all Your Glory! My soul yearns for you in the night; in the morning my spirit longs for you. (Isaiah 26:9) Hold my hand as I aim to seek You, keep me near as I aim to feel Your presence and gain wisdom. And without faith it is impossible to please You, for whoever would draw near to You must believe that You reward those who seek You. (Hebrews 11:6) May this feeling never leave me, may You keep my fire sparked and lit up so that I may always be on fire for You. Lord, anoint me in Your goodness and help me to set aside time for You and You only. Give me the willpower and strength to fervently seek You and use me as I grow in You. In Your Holy Name. Amen.